| 5 CA ADC § 80024.1
5 CCR s 80024.1
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 5, s 80024.1
CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
TITLE 5. EDUCATION
DIVISION 8. COMMISSION ON TEACHER CREDENTIALING
CHAPTER 1. CREDENTIALS ISSUED UNDER THE TEACHER PREPARATION
LAW OF 1970
ARTICLE 2. CREDENTIAL TYPES, AUTHORIZATIONS, AND REQUIREMENTS
This database is current through 01/26/07, Register 2007,
s 80024.1. Emergency Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Permits.
(a) Requirements for the initial issuance of an Emergency
Single Subject Teaching Permit include all of the following:
(1) The applicant and the employing agency must meet the
requirements specified in Section 80023.2.
(2) The applicant must provide a written affirmation of his
intent to complete the requirements set forth in Section 80026.6
during the period of the permit.
(3) The applicant must verify one of the following:
(A) Passage of the appropriate subject matter examination(s)
approved by the Commission for the related credential; or
(B) Successful completion of the specified number of semester
units, or equivalent quarter units, of appropriate course
at a regionally accredited college or university as follows:
1. For the Emergency Single Subject Teaching Permit, at least
semester units, or nine upper division or graduate semester
of course work in the subject to be taught; or
2. For the Emergency Multiple Subject Teaching Permit, at
semester units of course work in each of at least four of
following subject areas or at least 10 semester units of course
in each of three subject areas and an additional 10 semester
in a combination of two of the remaining subject areas. The
areas are as follows: language studies, history, literature,
humanities, mathematics, the arts, science, physical education,
social science, and human development.
(b) To reissue an Emergency Multiple or Single Subject Teaching
the applicant and the employing agency must meet the requirements
reissuance of emergency permits specified in Section 80026.6.
(1) The applicant who has not completed the subject matter
knowledge requirement specified in Section 80413(a)(3) may,
first reissuance only, take all components of the appropriate
subject matter examination as described in Section 80071 in
six semester units of coursework from a regionally accredited
college or university.
(1) An Emergency Multiple Subject Teaching Permit authorizes
same service as a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
(2) An Emergency Single Subject Teaching Permit authorizes
service as a Single Subject Teaching Credential in the authorized
field(s) listed on the permit.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 44225(d), (g), and (q) and
44300, Education Code. Reference: Sections 44300 and 44301,
1. New section filed 4-6-81; effective date thirtieth day
81, No. 15).
2. Amendment filed 7-29-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter
3. Amendment filed 6-27-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter
4. Amendment of section heading, text and Note filed 4-20-94;
94 (Register 94, No. 16).
5. Amendment of subsections (a)(2) and (a)(3)(D)3. filed
95 (Register 95, No. 32).
6. Repealer of subsections (a)(3)(A) and (a)(3)(D)-(a)(3)(D)3.,
relettering, amendment of newly designated subsection (a)(3)(B)2.
of Note filed 4-27-98; operative 5-27-98 (Register 98, No.
7. Amendment of subsections (a)(2) and (b) and new subsection
12-99; operative 11-12-99 pursuant to
Government Code section11343.4(d) (Register 99, No. 46).
5 CCR s 80024.1, 5 CA ADC s 80024.1
5 CA ADC s 80024.1
END OF DOCUMENT