| 5 CA ADC § 20330
5 CCR s 20330
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 5, s 20330
CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
TITLE 5. EDUCATION
DIVISION 2. CALIFORNIA STATE LIBRARY
CHAPTER 1. LIBRARY SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE STATE
SUBCHAPTER 2. LIBRARY OF CALIFORNIA
ARTICLE 7. STATEWIDE SERVICES
This database is current through 02/09/07, Register 2007,
s 20330. Enhanced Reference and Information Service.
This program of the Act improves reference service at the
local level in
all participating libraries.
(a) Members of regional library networks or regional library
networks or a
combination thereof are eligible to receive state funds for
(b) Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
(1) training in reference service provision;
(2) developing local library reference collections and services;
(3) providing consultations;
(4) conducting continuing education classes;
(5) developing and implementing reference evaluation tools;
(6) other services as necessary to improve local reference
under the provisions of this program.
(c) Services provided under this program shall be offered
to members of
regional library networks.
(d) The state board shall select the projects for implementation
basis of the following criteria:
(1) demonstrated need for the project;
(2) evidence of adequate planning;
(3) anticipated effectiveness of the proposed approach and
operation in addressing the need;
(4) qualifications and skills of key personnel;
(5) cost-effectiveness and adequacy of resources to achieve
(6) anticipated contribution of the project to improvement
reference service in libraries; and
(7) appropriateness of the evaluation plan.
(e) Each applicant seeking funding under this program shall
application that addresses the criteria in Section 20330(d)
(f) The state board shall identify priorities, procedures,
costs for enhanced reference and information services projects
subsequent rulemaking conducted under the provisions of the
Procedure Act (Chapter 3.5 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the
Code, commencing at Section 11340).
(g) Each applicant receiving funds under this program shall
submit a final
report comparing project goals with actual accomplishments
estimates with actual expenditures. The final evaluation,
methodology specified in the application (Section 20330(d)(7)
subchapter), shall also be included.
Note: Authority cited: Section 18821, Education Code. Reference:
Section 18853(b), Education Code.
1. New section filed 5-8-2000; operative 6-7-2000 (Register
2000, No. 19).
5 CCR s 20330, 5 CA ADC s 20330
5 CA ADC s 20330
END OF DOCUMENT