| 5 CA ADC § 80640
5 CCR s 80640
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 5, s 80640
CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
TITLE 5. EDUCATION
DIVISION 8. COMMISSION ON TEACHER CREDENTIALING
CHAPTER 5. APPROVED PROGRAMS
ARTICLE 2. PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION PROGRAMS
This database is current through 01/26/07, Register 2007,
s 80640. Approval of Programs of Preparation for the Authorization
to Teach the Seriously Emotionally Disturbed.
(a) Programs of direct instruction shall be designed for candidates
develop specific skills and knowledge in each of the following
(1) Causes, characteristics, and definitions of seriously
emotionally disturbed pupils.
(A) Historical development.
(B) Characteristics relative to problems of environmental
personal disturbance, and learning disorders.
(C) Etiological and dynamic theories.
(D) Diagnostic, educational and medical models.
(E) Developmental/emotional/educational ramifications of children
born addicted to drugs.
(2)Assessment and curriculum design in academic and social
(A) Academic skills.
(B) Affective development.
(C) Social skills.
(D) Self management and study skills.
(E) Vocational skills.
(F) Behavior and impulse control.
(3) Repertoire of varied instructional strategies.
(A) Teacher directed/mediated.
(E) Group and individual.
(4) Classroom and advanced behavior management.
(A) Classroom organization.
(B) Ecological intervention.
(C) Contingency management.
(D) Crisis intervention.
(E) Ethical considerations.
(F) Selection of least intrusive interventions.
(G) Behavioral data collection, interpretation and use.
(H) Individual and group techniques.
(1) Re-integration/mainstreaming approaches.
(5) Consultation and coordination.
(A) Community resources, including mental health agencies,
protective services, regional centers and probation departments.
(B) Parent/professional collaboration.
(C) Other professionals, including resource specialists and
(b) Field work shall consist of:
(1) Application of the knowledges and skills gained in subdivisions
(a) (1) through (5) of this section.
(2) Assessment in a public school setting, or private school
(3) Completion of a minimum of 100 clock hours of direct contact
(4) Supervision of the student by at least one person who
appropriately certificated for the area of service.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 44225(b), 44227 and 44256(c),
Education Code. Reference: Section 44265, Education Code.
1. New section filed 11-13-89; operative 12-13-89 (Register
89, No. 46).
5 CCR s 80640, 5 CA ADC s 80640
5 CA ADC s 80640
END OF DOCUMENT